Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Button Stash!

Check out my button stash...


This set of drawers originally belonged to my hubby's grandma.  When they came to me, the casing around the drawers was a funny brown colour with big marks all over it from where other things had been sitting.  I sanded it all back and resprayed it with red enamel.  I sorted all the buttons into colour groups - there are some amazing old buttons in there!





I love my button drawers!  I sorted some of my own buttons into them too but unfortunately (or not!) I have waaaay too many buttons to fit them all in.  I shall need to find some other way of storing my extra buttons - I am thinking, a big glass jar!

Also, do you see the white buttons and the pink paper in the first picture?  I am doing something with those.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. So funny that just last night I was thinking I had to work on increasing my button stash. I have to say i am a little jealous of yours. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was playing with my buttons too, just what is it about buttons that make them so much fun? I can recall playing with mom's button box when I was a kid. Still love buttons!

    ReplyDelete