Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Umbrellas

Cocktail umbrellas are so sweet!  I don't remember where I saw the idea for this little umbrella mobile but I've been wanting to do it for ages and I've also been waiting for a sunny day to take a photograph so the colours pop...but days like that seem to be few and far between lately and I honestly couldn't wait any longer!  Oh well, rainy days and umbrellas - that does go together and you'll still get the idea whether my colours pop or not.


I used embroidery thread in a colour that matched my craft room colour scheme but a really thin fishing line would look fantastic too and make the umbrellas "float".  (I didn't have any, hence the thread).  All you have to do is put in a knot and tiny dob of glue on the knot before you thread each umbrella on - use a very fine needle to make a hole in the paper part of the umbrellas - if your hole is too big the knot will slide through.


My umbrellas only took me about ten minutes to put together and it does look pretty hanging in my craft room window.  Of course, Miss Six is very enamoured with it and has requested a mobile of her own for her bedroom window.  Off to thread more umbrellas!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious - you have craft room AND a sweet cocktail umbrella mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. of course, Miss Six would want one too!

    ReplyDelete