Sunday, July 18, 2010

Lately...

I love looking through all the beauty and crafty goodness there is in the world of other people's blogs and online shops and design and decor sites.  So many gorgeous colour combinations, so many beautiful ideas, so many talented people.  Most of the time it's really inspiring.  It makes me want to get off my behind and get going with creating some crafty aesthetic of my own.  To get a move on with all the projects I've already got started so I too can say "Look what I made!" and feel really satisfied that I've created something worthy.

But lately all the looking makes me feel a little less capable and a little more like I won't ever be "as good" or "as talented" or come up with anything original at all because there are so many people out there who are doing it all so well already, so really, what is the point of even trying?

I think what I need to do is start being really active about creating and (as much fun as it is) limit the amount of time I spend checking out what everyone else is doing.  Because before I know it, it tends to swallow up a lot of time. And then there ends up being not so much time for the creativeness which is trying ever so hard to magic it's way out if me.

I'm gonna be my own inspiration.  Create some goals and get things done.  It's time there was a little more organisation and completion and a little less clutter and "out of control".  I'll still check out my favourite sites - there is always a place for those.  But then it will be straight on with my own stuff.

And since I've just told you all about it, I am now accountable.

I'll let you know how I get on!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog - yours is great too, love the lunchbox inspiration!
    I know how you feel about the creative thing. I set out this year to simply be more creative though and it is working! The more I create, the more I want to and the more inspiration I find. I am now printing out pics of any crafty things I do and sticking them into a craft diary I started to keep a reminder to me that all it takes is the desire to craft, the skills will come. :)

    ReplyDelete